May 20, 2022

INFO 10

THE TRUTH IN BLACK AND WHITE

Pensioner homeless following Linden fire

The house that was destroyed by fire

A sixty-six year old man is now homeless after he 55 First Alley Wismar, Linden home went up in flames on Sunday morning. He has been identified as Joel Brewley. The house was owned by ninety-nine year old Marverine Brewley.

The Guyana Fire Service received a call at 11:44 hours and was alerted to a fire at the one floor wooden and concrete building.

The building and its contents were destroyed as a result of the fire.

The purported cause of the fire is an electrical power surge which caused substandard electrical wiring to overheat, this caused the thermostat of the refrigerator to fail and subsequently overheated the compressor which ignited nearby combustible materials.

Also affected by the blaze was a two storey wooden and concrete house located at Lot 58 First Alley Wismar, Linden owned by eighty-seven year old Dannly Saul and occupied by himself and family of nine.

Five meters of the Southern wall was severely damaged due to radiated heat from the building of origin.