November 28, 2021

INFO 10

THE TRUTH IN BLACK AND WHITE

Five homeless following Ladern’s Ville fire

The house that was completely destroyed by the fire

Five persons of Ladern’s Ville, Upper-Berbice River, Region 10, are now homeless after a fire caused by suspected ‘high voltage, completely gutted the one-storey wooden home, on Monday afternoon.

The owner of the house, Shellon Sampson, her three children and grandchild who reside there, were not at home at the time of the blaze.

Sampson works in Georgetown and would normally visit her home on the weekends.

According to Shellon’s niece, Mickelicia Sampson, who lives next door, the high voltage of electricity that passed through the village around 14:15hrs on Monday, may have caused the fire.

In addition, Sampson said her aunt is a single parent and would be grateful if she can receive assistance from the general public.

Investigations are ongoing.